Protecting your privacy
We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of our golf centre customers and website visitors. This page aims to help you to understand what information we might collect about you and how we use it.
The Data Controller
For all our services, the data controller — the company that’s responsible for your privacy, is The Harrogate Cleaning Company Ltd, 22 Bower Road, Harrogate, HG1 5BW
Registered Company Number: 07713472.
The Data Protection Officer
Any questions regarding this policy and our privacy practices should be sent to:
In writing – The Data Protection Officer, The Harrogate Cleaning Company Ltd, 22 Bower Road, Harrogate, HG1 5BW
Information we collect
We obtain information about you in a number of ways when you use our website, for example when you make a purchase, contact us via our contact form or register to receive emails from us. Other information we collect when you browse our site may include your IP address and device type.
Type of information that is collected
- Other information you provide to us: online forms such as request a callback and email enquires
- Online usage information: When you visit or browse our website, this will include information about your website visit or use of our products or services using cookies (as described in our cookies section), and anonymised data for analytical purposes.
What we do with the information we gather
We use your information in a number of different ways and what we do depends on the information.
Your data will enable us to fulfil your order, to notify you about important functionality changes and for statistical or survey purposes to improve this website and our services to you.
Will only use your personal information to fulfil our contract with you, for our legitimate business purposes or when you have given us your consent to do so. These include some or all of the following:
When you book or purchase you are entering into a contract with us. In order to fulfil this contract we need to process and store your data. Therefore the processing is necessary for a contract or because we have been asked to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
– Selling and supplying goods and services to our customers
– Invoicing and supplying quotations using Quickbooks Online – For more information visit https://quickbooks.intuit.com/uk/gdpr/
You have given clear consent for us to process your personal data for a specific purpose. We may use consent in the following situations:
– When you consent, to provide you with information about goods and services we offer in marketing emails
– To administer any promotion or competition that you enter via our website(s)
Legitimate business interests
In certain situations we collect and process your personal information for purposes that are in our legitimate business interests, unless there is a good reason to protect an individual’s personal data which overrides those legitimate interests.
We may use legitimate interests in the following ways:
– To communicate with you by responding to your requests including service messages by text or email, such as order updates
– To respond to your requests for help or information
– To respond to an online review or query
– For limited analysis of data for marketing purposes (e.g. how our customers use our website, so we can provide you with a better online shopping experience)
– To administer any promotion or competition that you enter via our website(s)
Whenever we process data for these purposes we will ensure that we always keep your personal data rights in high regard. You do not have to give us any of this personal information but if you don’t, you are unlikely to receive our optimal overall customer experience. But that is your choice.
We will not share your information for marketing purposes with companies outside of our group.
Google (Google Analytics)
This site makes use of Google Analytics for online visitor tracking. This cookie provides anonymized data to allow us to understand user behaviour and marketing performance across our Group. You can read more about cookie privacy and Google Analytics and how to opt out here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the “purposes of processing of your personal data” above. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through an EMS, email marketing service provider. An EMS is a third party service provider of software / applications that allows marketers to send out email marketing campaigns to a list of users.
Email marketing messages that we send may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of data such as; times, dates, I.P addresses, opens, clicks, forwards, geographic and demographic data. Such data, within its limitations will show the activity each subscriber made for that email campaign.
Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with the GDPR and the PECR. We provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) or manage your preferences / the information we hold about you at any time. See any marketing messages for instructions on how to unsubscribe or manage your preferences otherwise contact our EMS provider.
Our EMS provider is; Mailchimp. We hold the following information about you within our EMS system;
- Email address
- I.P address
- Subscription time & date
- Telephone No.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
- Email newsletters related cookies
This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
- Orders processing related cookies
This site offers e-commerce or payment facilities and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages so that we can process it properly.
Third Party Cookies
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
- As we sell products it’s important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually make a purchase and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price.
- We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Keeping your information
If you register for marketing emails we will keep your name and email address for as long as we have your consent, you can opt-out at any time using the unsubscribe link in our emails.
We will keep your account information for as long as you have a cleaning contract with us, or as long as is needed to be able to provide the services to you that you have requested.
Controlling your Personal Information
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. If you would like to delete or make changes to your personal details, you can do so by getting in touch – please email firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right under applicable data protection laws to access information held about you and you can do so by contacting us using the details provided below in this policy.
You have many rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to request access to personal information held about you and a copy of it;
- The right to obtain, without undue delay, the rectification of inaccurate or incomplete personal data
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- The right to withdraw consent and stop direct marketing messages
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider on your behalf where technically feasible
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office
Sharing your information
We promise to keep your details safe and will never sell you data on to any third party. However, we share your data with the following categories of companies (Data Controllers) as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this statement:
- Companies that do things to get your purchases to you such as payment service providers
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts who, who help us run our websites.
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud
- Companies approved by you, such as social media sites
- We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our customers that does not identify you
If you have any questions about how we use your personal data or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer:
In writing to – The Data Protection Officer, The Harrogate Cleaning Company Ltd, 22 Bower Road, Harrogate, HG1 5BW
Email to – email@example.com