The sight of mould and mildew on your walls can really make a living room or bathroom look very unsightly and unclean. At some point I’m sure all of us have had to don the rubber gloves, get the scrubbing brush out and try to clean it away.
After trying many methods and products we have found the method below to be the most effective way of cleaning mould and mildew from your walls and bathroom.
What causes mould and mildew?
> Structural leaks and a build up of bacteria
> Condensation from a variety of house hold tasks such as boiling water in a kettle, irons and drying clothes
> Damage to roofing tiles and slates leaking water through into the internal cavity
> Mould and mildew already present that hasn’t been destroyed properly before re-decorating
> Build up of dirt or dust on your walls is the perfect food for the bacteria to feed on and spread.
How to remove mould and mildew from your walls?
Follow the instructions below and you will rid your home of mould and mildew removing all smells and bacteria as well as making your walls look clean.
You will need:
> HG Mould & Mildew Spray – Best value from Amazon
> Clean white cloths
> Hot water in a bucket
> Old towel or cloth to protect floor
> Rubber gloves
> Ventilation – open window / door
1. Make sure you have made a ventilated area by opening a window or door. Test a small area of your wall with an amount of the HG Mould & Mildrew spray to ensure there isn’t a corrosive reaction to the bleach in the spray.
2. After a few minutes if you don’t see a reaction spray the affected wall where the mould is appearing with a layer of the HG Mould & Mildew remover. (Be sure to protect any carpet or flooring from the spray dripping down off the wall with an old towel or cloth.) Leave for 30 minutes.
3. You should see that the mould and mildew has started to disappear. Take your cloth and soak in the hot water, ring out and wipe away any remaining mould and mildew. Repeat this step until all mould and mildew has been cleared. Pro Tip: “Make sure you don’t use too much water on your cloth to prevent the paint or wallpaper from bubbling on your walls.”
4. Leave to dry and make sure the area stays well ventilated until completely dry
5. Mould and mildew successfully removed!
If you have any questions or would like us to remove any mould and mildew you have in your home you can contact us on 01423 538624 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HG Mould Spray safety sheet – View here
If you found this guide useful and think your friends, family or colleagues will do as well, then simply share it with them using the buttons below.